LCA Travel Policy 2020-21

Given the fiscal uncertainties of the coming year as well as potential travel restrictions at the university level, the College is amending the LCA Travel Policy as follows:

The College of Liberal & Creative Arts will provide reimbursements for virtual conference registration of up to $500 per tenured and tenure-track faculty member to present their scholarly work or to serve on a panel as a respondent at one conference during the year. This policy will be revisited in August when we have greater clarity about funding, and will be revisited throughout the year as new information and direction becomes available about restrictions on travel. The policy’s continuation throughout the year is not guaranteed. Virtual conference registration that is specifically approved for reimbursement will be honored once granted regardless of changed funding parameters.

As virtual conference registration does not require actual travel, the approval process will not go through Concur. To receive approval, please send verification of presentation acceptance, with your department chair/school director’s approval, to Kelly Trinh ( via the LCA Virtual Conference Request Form. Registration must be approved by the Department Chair and the Director of Finance before making any financial commitments.

For university information on actual travel, please see the San Francisco State Travel FAQ page.