Please be advised that all travel grants have been suspended due to the COVID-19 situation as per the CSU's prohibition of all non-essential travel.
Undergraduate students in the College of Liberal & Creative Arts can apply for funding for independent travel through the Marcus Student Travel Grant in accordance with the guidelines and procedures indicated below. Student travel will be funded only if the following conditions are met and the request is approved in advance by the student’s department chair.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate at SF State and majoring within the College of Liberal & Creative Arts.
- Must be an active participant in the peer-reviewed or juried conference/meeting/exhibit (e.g., a presenter of a paper, exhibitor of a creative project or performer.)
- Funding can be spent on transportation.
- No more than $600 will be awarded per student each fiscal year. Funds must be expended in accordance with state travel regulations. Funding requests to travel outside of the U.S. must follow current CSU International Travel/Travel to High Risk Countries guidelines and the advance process necessary through the college dean (or designee), Risk Management, the provost and the president. Note: Travel insurance is required for all international travel with the insurance cost being deducted from the allocation.
- May not be reimbursed for mileage or the cost of a rental car unless he/she/they is employed by the University (or appointed as a volunteer) and meets the SF State Driver Safety Program requirements.
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to travel.
- For SF State/CSU detailed travel information, please go to: CSU travel policy
Submit to your department chair, the completed grant application form with the following documents:
- Accepted abstract or submission.
- A brief statement indicating how participation in this conference/meeting will enhance your educational goals (200 – 400 words).
- Request for Authorization to Travel form, lines 1 – 5 completed and signed.
- A signed Release of Liability for Domestic or International form.
- Evidence of your participation (e.g., a letter of invitation or acceptance from the conference/meeting or a copy of the conference/meeting program).
- The chair either endorses the request or denies it based on its adherence to the guidelines stated above and/or its educational merits. If endorsed, deliver the approved request and supporting documents to the LCA Dean’s Office (attn: Alyscia Richards.)