Undergraduate Thesis Short Films Program
Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
The Undergraduate Cinema Thesis Program is made up of 15 student filmmakers, all put to the task of creating their own short films within one school year. With the help of faculty, staff, students and family, these filmmakers have put their dreams onto the silver screen. $11 - $12.
Roxie Theater, 3117 16th Street, San Francisco
School of Cinema
- Red Paint: Freya wakes up alone in the desert confused and separated from her significant other. She searches for answers in an unreliable reality. Directed by Andrew Rodriquez.
- She Woke Up Possessed!!: Somewhere in the suburbs of America, a stay-at-home housewife unearths a terrifying secret that changes her small world forever. Directed by Robert Negoesco.
- Correlation: Two young, former lovers reunite after years of separation. Directed by Nick Alfieri.
- A Thousand Cranes: Two lovers from the Qin Dynasty reincarnate to fulfill their promise of eternal love. Directed by Leonard Chan.
- Sufferance: Steph must get her daughter medicine before illness takes her — and before the man who has been hunting them catches up. Directed by Aleksandra Seiger.
- Over the Handlebars: A coming-of-age comedy set in the ’80s about a high-school kid who seeks revenge on his cheating girlfriend by tee-peeing her house. Directed by Christian Lanza.
- Nom de Plume: A married woman in her late 60s has long-held secrets which alienate her from her husband and herself. Filled with regret and deflated by loneliness, she considers reframing her life after an unexpected visit from an old friend with a romantic past. Directed by John Serafica.
- M.A.N.: This short film begins in the mid-1800s with the emasculation of a freed slave by his former owner, rapidly transitioning into a parallel scenario of a modern-day gang leader emasculating another gang member, drawing eerie and thought-provoking comparisons between the juxtaposed scenarios. Directed by Adam Clay.
- Detective Meeks: A Detective Story: In this straight-man comedy, detective Chuck Meeks must come to terms with the new recruit in order to catch the man who killed his previous partner. Directed by Jake McElrath.
- SISTERHOOD: A glamorous and emotional look into the lives of three young trans women as they unravel the complexities of SISTERHOOD. Directed by Joan Summers.
- Holy Mother Mary of None: The Immaculate Contraceptive: A coming-of-age comedy that follows Mary, an 11-year-old Hispanic Catholic schoolgirl, as she searches for birth control to prevent the Holy Spirit from impregnating her. Directed by Sebastian Rodriguez.
- Madeline: A young girl finds herself in the midst of her insecurities as she prepares to meet her father after several years of separation. Directed by David Ahmadi.
- torn.: A struggle to resist a looming metamorphosis in identity. Resistance is futile —change is coming. Directed by Matt Hardy.
- Hell and Back: A self-conscious musician realizes his maximum potential, in this punk rocker’s psychedelic nightmare. Directed by Ryan Iannelli.
Photo: Leonard Chan’s A Thousand Cranes