Life After Life
Life After Life was filmed over eight years and follows the stories of Harrison, Noel, and Chris as they return home from San Quentin State Prison. After spending most of their lives incarcerated, they are forced to reconcile their perceptions of themselves with a reality for which they are unprepared.
Each struggles to overcome personal demons and to reconstruct fractured lives. Grappling with day-to-day challenges and striving for success, the men work to reconnect with family and provide for themselves for the first time in their adult lives. Told in an unadorned verité style, we experience the truth of their heartaches and triumphs.
- Soumyaa Behrens (M.F.A., ’10, Cinema), Documentary Film Institute/College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Jason Bell (B.A., ’05, Sociology), Project Rebound
- Katherine Katcher, Root and Rebound
- Tamara Perkins, Life After Life director/producer
- Harrison Seuga (B.A., ’13, Sociology), Roots2Reentry
- Noel Valdivia, Project Reset
- Keith Wattley, UnCommon Law
- Curtis Penn (B.A., ’16, Sociology), Project Rebound (moderator)
Life After Life trailer from Tamara Perkins.