Morrison Artists Series: Dover String Quartet
The Dover Quartet, formerly known as the Old City String Quartet, won the grand prize at the 2010 Fischoff Competition. Formed at the Curtis Institute of Music in 2008, when its members were 19 years old, the quartet draws from the musical lineage of both the Vermeer and Guarneri quartets, but brings a youthful enthusiasm and musical conviction to the repertoire that is truly its own.
The Strad writes that the Dover Quartet is “already pulling away from their peers with their exceptional interpretative maturity, tonal refinement and taut ensemble.”
- Mendelssohn (1809–1847): Quartet in E minor, Op. 44, No. 2 (1837)
- Barber (1910–1981): String Quartet in B minor, Op. 11 (1936)
- Shostakovich (1906–1975): Quartet No. 3 in F major, Op. 73 (1946)
- San Francisco Chronicle, May 1, 2014
- SF State News, September 16, 2013
- San Francisco Classical Voice, August 13, 2013
New Ticketing Policy
Reservations are now required for Morrison Artists Series concerts. Get your free tickets for the best seats. Please order tickets online or call 415-338-2467.
The Morrison Chamber Music Center is supported, in part, by a generous gift from the May Treat Morrison Chamber Music Foundation.