LCA Communications is a full-service creative group within the College of Liberal & Creative Arts with expertise in design (print/digital), web development, photography, video production, social media, and content creation. Our creative work supports marketing campaigns and initiatives that promote pride and recognition for the College community. We also partner with other SF State units, departments and offices on a contract basis.
Outlined below are policies regarding the nature and scope of our services.
Web Design & Development
LCA Communications designs and develops websites for LCA schools, departments, research and service organizations (RSOs) and special College initiatives. We build websites using the University-supported Drupal web content management system. Please note that we design and develop within the broader context of the University and are subject to accessibility and branding guideline requirements.
- LCA Communications designs and develops websites for the following LCA units: College, Schools, Departments, RSOs.
- All LCA websites are hosted on the University-supported Drupal platform.
- All LCA web properties are subject to University branding guidelines.
- All LCA web properties are subject to University accessibility requirements.
- Drupal at SF State
- Accessibility Requirements at SF State
- Branding Requirements at SF State
- SF State Web Template Guidelines
LCA Communications provides technical assistance to designated LCA website content managers.
- Each LCA web property is required to have a designated content manager, preferably a staff person.
- Support requests should be submitted to email@example.com with the expectation that confirmation of the request and status updates will follow expeditiously.
- Individuals and groups can request Drupal training at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information Technology Services (ITS) provides drop-in help sessions on the second Tuesday of every month in the Administration Building. To receive notifications, subscribe to the email@example.com distribution list.
LCA Communications designs and oversees the production of print pieces for RSOs and the College as a whole.
Who We Serve
Range of Print Production
- Contract work
The LCA Communications team welcomes collaborating with campus community members.
- Ensure that all videos and photographs meet the highest production standards in the most cost effective manner.
- Collaborate with members of the campus community to illustrate the San Francisco State University College of Liberal & Creative Arts qualities for print, web and social media.
- Often provide photographs and photo services to the San Francisco State University community through our own staff.
- All assignments completed by the LCA photographer become part of our photo archive, and may be shared with other offices and departments at San Francisco State University.
Who We Serve
Range of Photography
- Contract work
Storytelling is the key to our multimedia endeavors. We strive to deliver thoughtful and informative video and animated media.
- Produce short videos for the LCA main website.
- Videos represent an array of the LCA’s key messages.
- Produces videos for social media.
- Videos may appear on LCA’s Facebook page and/or our YouTube channel
Range of Videography
- Faculty profiles/educational
- Contract Work
With a number of factors that can affect how quickly we are able to complete your project, we encourage you to it submit your request as far in advance as you can.
Once we accept your project, we will work diligently to finish on time. We will count on you, too, to meet mutually established deadlines to get the work done.
Last-minute changes can delay projects, which is the prime reason we encourage proper planning at the start of all projects, including repeat projects.
We look forward to working with you and offering you our expertise to meet your goals in line with LCA priorities.
Policy for Online Content/Social Media and Media Relations
Defines the scope of responsibilities for online content, social media and media relations
Who We Serve
- The Communications Team staff serves the college, schools, departments, RSOs, centers and institutes.
- Communications Team staff is responsible for identifying, selecting and executing media relations campaigns, using appropriate editorial judgment and discretion.
Online Content/Social Media
- Communications Team staff is responsible for selecting, writing and editing content for College-wide websites and social media channels, using appropriate editorial judgment and discretion.
- Departments, schools and RSOs are responsible for creating and maintaining content on their own websites and social media channels.
Social Media Accounts
- Departments, schools and RSOs are encouraged to share their social media account information with the Communications Team should there be a need to send out any University or College-wide announcements.
- Reports are produced monthly for college leadership covering a range of engagement metrics including the LCA website and college-wide social media channels.
- Communications Team staff members are available to give advice and technical support to chairs and faculty members in areas such as social media, content creation, media relations and public information.
- Communications Team staff members who specialize in media relations and content development are available for contracted work. The Communications Team partners exclusively with SF State units, departments and offices.